Day in the life of
Orthopedic Surgeon – Megan Ayala
If I could use one word to describe my day, I would describe it as tiring. It starts with rushing to the facility and attending to countless patients before I grab my quick lunch and start attending patients again. I then have a specific time for patients coming back for their second visits. Being an orthopedic surgeon, I have a lot of surgery cases to handle too. Thankfully, my assistants are well aware of my routine and schedule surgeries accordingly. I start off at 10 AM and attend patients till 10 PM with two 30 minute breaks in between.
- It pays very well.
- A stable career with a lot of benefits.
- It is an unreal feeling to help people and serve the community.
- Long working hours are normal for healthcare workers, the story of every other day.
- There are some difficult patients to handle, which ruins your day.
- The physical and emotional demands of the job can be extremely stressful.