Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
Orthoptists diagnose and treat visual system disorders such as binocular vision and eye movement impairments.
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of an Orthoptist is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.|
|You are interested in the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.|
|Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.|
|Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.|
|You like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking.|
|You like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.|
|You like working with, communicating with, and teaching people.|
|You like helping or providing service to others.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
The Thinkers and The Helpers
People who are suitable for this job tends to like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. They like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
They also like working with, communicating with, and teaching people. They like helping or providing service to others.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Orthoptists diagnose and treat visual system disorders such as binocular vision and eye movement impairments..
Here is what a typical day’s work for an Orthoptist looks like:
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.
- Provide instructions to patients or family members concerning diagnoses or treatment plans.
- Provide nonsurgical interventions, including corrective lenses, patches, drops, fusion exercises, or stereograms, to treat conditions such as strabismus, heterophoria, and convergence insufficiency.
- Evaluate, diagnose, or treat disorders of the visual system with an emphasis on binocular vision or abnormal eye movements.
Find out more about what Orthoptists do at work.
Related to Orthoptists Quiz
Orthoptists quiz, should i become an Orthoptist, is Orthoptists suitable for me, do i want to be an Orthoptist, Orthoptists personality test