Day in the life of
Insurance Broker – Grant Dodge
My name is Grant Dodge and I am a Health Insurance Broker at Health Benefits Associates in Nevada. I help people find insurance plans that provide coverage for doctors and hospitals in their area.
My Typical Day
There are a few things I am constantly doing on a daily basis.
- Helping new or current clients find a health insurance policy that will cover their doctors, medical needs, and prescriptions while being within their budget.
- Assisting clients with resolving issues such as the insurance company not paying claims, a doctor leaving a certain network, or any other problems that might come up with their health policy.
- Answering questions about what the policy covers and how it covers certain services so my clients are very knowledgeable about how their plan works. Generally, the more information I give the consumer, the better.
* I do not charge fees to the client so this is a no-cost service for them.
- People really appreciate the work we provide. It is rewarding helping someone understand health insurance and having them be relieved this new policy will fit their needs and be affordable.
- I get to meet and work with a lot of interesting people in my community.
- The healthcare industry is constantly changing. I often have to adjust to new laws and regulations while updating my license so I am compliant with changes coming from federal and state governments.
- Health insurance is a hot topic right now and it can be hard connecting with people who have had a bad experience in the past. Some people may not trust health insurance so I try my best to repair that with complete honesty and transparency about their health plan.