Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
Power Plant Operators control, operate, or maintain machinery to generate electric power. Includes auxiliary equipment operators.
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of a Power Plant Operator is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.|
|You are interested in the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.|
|Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.|
|Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
|You like following set procedures and routines.|
|You like working with data and details more than with ideas.|
|You like starting up and carrying out projects.|
|You like leading people and making many decisions. You don’t mind risk taking and dealing with business.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
The Builders and The Organizers
People who are suitable for this job tends to like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.
They also like following set procedures and routines. They like working with data and details more than with ideas.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Power Plant Operators control, operate, or maintain machinery to generate electric power. Includes auxiliary equipment operators..
Here is what a typical day’s work for a Power Plant Operator looks like:
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Control generator output to match the phase, frequency, or voltage of electricity supplied to panels.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, or reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
Find out more about what Power Plant Operators do at work.
Related to Power Plant Operators Quiz
Power Plant Operators quiz, should i become a Power Plant Operator, is Power Plant Operators suitable for me, do i want to be a Power Plant Operator, Power Plant Operators personality test