Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
Power Distributors And Dispatchers coordinate, regulate, or distribute electricity or steam.
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of a Power Distributor and Dispatcher is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.|
|You are interested in the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.|
|Respond to emergencies, such as transformer or transmission line failures, and route current around affected areas.|
|Prepare switching orders that will isolate work areas without causing power outages, referring to drawings of power systems.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
|You like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking.|
|You like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.|
|You like following set procedures and routines.|
|You like working with data and details more than with ideas.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
The Builders and The Thinkers
People who are suitable for this job tends to like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.
They also like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. They like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Power Distributors and Dispatchers coordinate, regulate, or distribute electricity or steam..
Here is what a typical day’s work for a Power Distributor and Dispatcher looks like:
- Respond to emergencies, such as transformer or transmission line failures, and route current around affected areas.
- Prepare switching orders that will isolate work areas without causing power outages, referring to drawings of power systems.
- Control, monitor, or operate equipment that regulates or distributes electricity or steam, using data obtained from instruments or computers.
- Direct personnel engaged in controlling or operating distribution equipment or machinery, such as instructing control room operators to start boilers or generators.
- Coordinate with engineers, planners, field personnel, or other utility workers to provide information such as clearances, switching orders, or distribution process changes.
Find out more about what Power Distributors and Dispatchers do at work.
Related to Power Distributors and Dispatchers Quiz
Power Distributors and Dispatchers quiz, should i become a Power Distributor and Dispatcher, is Power Distributors and Dispatchers suitable for me, do i want to be a Power Distributor and Dispatcher, Power Distributors and Dispatchers personality test