Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
Fire Inspectors inspect buildings and equipment to detect fire hazards and enforce state and local regulations.
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of a Fire Inspector is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.|
|You are interested in materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.|
|Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.|
|Inspect buildings to locate hazardous conditions and fire code violations, such as accumulations of combustible material, electrical wiring problems, and inadequate or non-functional fire exits.|
|You like following set procedures and routines.|
|You like working with data and details more than with ideas.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
|You like working with, communicating with, and teaching people.|
|You like helping or providing service to others.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
The Organizers and The Builders
People who are suitable for this job tends to like following set procedures and routines. They like working with data and details more than with ideas.
They also like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Fire Inspectors inspect buildings and equipment to detect fire hazards and enforce state and local regulations..
Here is what a typical day’s work for a Fire Inspector looks like:
- Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
- Inspect buildings to locate hazardous conditions and fire code violations, such as accumulations of combustible material, electrical wiring problems, and inadequate or non-functional fire exits.
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found.
- Search for clues as to the cause of a fire, once the fire is completely extinguished.
- Inspect properties that store, handle, and use hazardous materials to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations, and issue hazardous materials permits to facilities found in compliance.
Find out more about what Fire Inspectors do at work.
Related to Fire Inspectors Quiz
Fire Inspectors quiz, should i become a Fire Inspector, is Fire Inspectors suitable for me, do i want to be a Fire Inspector, Fire Inspectors personality test