Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures and ensure that their work is in accordance with relevant codes.
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of an Electrician is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.|
|You are interested in machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.|
|Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.|
|Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
|You like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking.|
|You like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.|
|You like following set procedures and routines.|
|You like working with data and details more than with ideas.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
The Builders and The Thinkers
People who are suitable for this job tends to like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.
They also like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. They like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems..
Here is what a typical day’s work for an Electrician looks like:
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
Find out more about what Electricians do at work.
Related to Electricians Quiz
Electricians quiz, should i become an Electrician, is Electricians suitable for me, do i want to be an Electrician, Electricians personality test