In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Wellhead Pumpers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Wellhead Pumpers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Wellhead Pumpers
Here is a list of tasks that Wellhead Pumpers do every day.
- Monitor control panels during pumping operations to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Wellhead Pumpers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Repair gas and oil meters and gauges.
- Unload and assemble pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools.
- Drive trucks to transport high-pressure pumping equipment, and chemicals, fluids, or gases to be pumped into wells.
- How many hours do Wellhead Pumpers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Wellhead Pumpers
Related careers to Wellhead Pumpers
This career is also closely related to Gauger, Head Pumper, Lease Attendant, Lease Operator, Multi-Skilled Operator, Oil Field Operator, Oil Field Pumper, Oil Field Worker, Oil Pumper or Oil Well Pumper.