Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
Surveying Technicians adjust and operate surveying instruments, such as the theodolite and electronic distance-measuring equipment, and compile notes, make sketches and enter data into computers.
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of a Surveying Technician is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.|
|You are interested in the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.|
|Search for section corners, property irons, and survey points.|
|Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and electronic distance-measuring equipment.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
|You like following set procedures and routines.|
|You like working with data and details more than with ideas.|
|You like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking.|
|You like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
The Builders and The Organizers
People who are suitable for this job tends to like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.
They also like following set procedures and routines. They like working with data and details more than with ideas.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Surveying Technicians adjust and operate surveying instruments, such as the theodolite and electronic distance-measuring equipment, and compile notes, make sketches and enter data into computers..
Here is what a typical day’s work for a Surveying Technician looks like:
- Search for section corners, property irons, and survey points.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and electronic distance-measuring equipment.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth’s surface, underground, and underwater, using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys, using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Prepare topographic and contour maps of land surveyed, including site features and other relevant information, such as charts, drawings, and survey notes.
Find out more about what Surveying Technicians do at work.
Related to Surveying Technicians Quiz
Surveying Technicians quiz, should i become a Surveying Technician, is Surveying Technicians suitable for me, do i want to be a Surveying Technician, Surveying Technicians personality test