Job Description, Daily Responsibilities, and Work Life
Fuel Cell Technicians install, operate, or maintain integrated fuel cell systems in transportation, stationary, or portable applications.
Fuel Cell Technicians install, operate, or maintain integrated fuel cell systems in transportation, stationary, or portable applications. They also recommend improvements to fuel cell design or performance.
Other tasks include:
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance procedures, such as part replacements or tune-ups.
- Document or analyze fuel cell test data, using spreadsheets or other computer software.
- Collect or maintain fuel cell test data.
- Calibrate equipment used for fuel cell testing.
- Test fuel cells or fuel cell stacks, using complex electronic equipment.
- Assemble fuel cells or fuel cell stacks according to mechanical or electrical assembly documents or schematics.
We asked Fuel Cell Technicians how satisfied they are with their job. Here is what they said.
70% of them said they were satisfied with their job and 60% said they find that their job makes the world a better place or helps to make someone else’s life better.
Typical Day At Work
In a typical work week as a Fuel Cell Technician, you can expect to work
Do Fuel Cell Technicians work in an office-style work environment?
Do Fuel Cell Technicians work outdoors?
Is this right for me
The Builders and The Organizers
People who are suitable for this job tends to like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery..
They also like following set procedures and routines. They like working with data and details more than with ideas.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Related to Fuel Cell Technicians Job Description
Fuel Cell Technicians job description, what do Fuel Cell Technicians do, typical day for Fuel Cell Technicians, what is it like to work as a Fuel Cell Technician, how many hours do Fuel Cell Technicians work, day to day work of a Fuel Cell Technician