Career Quiz and Most Suitable Personality
In this career quiz, there are 10 questions that will give you a pretty good perspective on whether the career of an Architectural Drafter is right for you.
There are 3 answers to each question: Dislike, Okay and Like.
Answer “Dislike” if you tell yourself “Ugh… Sounds boring” or “I’m not sure”
Answer “Okay” if you tell yourself “Umm… I think I will be okay with that”
Answer “Like” if you tell yourself “Yes, I’m interested”
Ready? Let’s start
|You are interested in design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.|
|You are interested in materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.|
|Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.|
|Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.|
|You like working with forms, designs and patterns.|
|You like work that requires self-expression and work that can be done without following a clear set of rules.|
|You like work that includes practical, hands-on problems and solutions.|
|You like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.|
|You like working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking.|
|You like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.|
Now count how many points you have.
Dislike = 0 point.
Okay = 1 point.
Like = 2 points.
After you’re done counting your points. Click below to view your results.
0 to 9 points = You will not like this career.
10 to 15 points = You are the right person for the job.
16 to 20 points = You are perfect for this career.
The Artists and The Builders
People who are suitable for this job tends to like working with forms, designs and patterns. They often require self-expression and the work can be done without following a clear set of rules.
They also like work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They like working with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery.
You can read more about these career personality types here.
Architectural Drafters prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect..
Here is what a typical day’s work for an Architectural Drafter looks like:
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings, and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
Find out more about what Architectural Drafters do at work.
Related to Architectural Drafters Quiz
Architectural Drafters quiz, should i become an Architectural Drafter, is Architectural Drafters suitable for me, do i want to be an Architectural Drafter, Architectural Drafters personality test