In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Securities and Commodities Sales Agents looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Securities and Commodities Sales Agents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”FINANCIAL-PLANNING, FINANCE, MANAGEMENT, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Securities and Commodities Sales Agents
Here is a list of tasks that Securities and Commodities Sales Agents do every day.
- Keep accurate records of transactions.
- Complete sales order tickets and submit for processing of client-requested transactions.
- Discuss financial options with clients and keep them informed about transactions.
- Review all securities transactions to ensure accuracy of information and conformance to governing agency regulations.
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications, or other material to identify potential investments for clients or to keep abreast of trends affecting market conditions.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Securities and Commodities Sales Agents do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Interview clients to determine clients’ assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Develop financial plans, based on analysis of clients’ financial status.
- Inform and advise concerned parties regarding fluctuations or securities transactions affecting plans or accounts.
- Prepare documents needed to implement plans selected by clients.
- Prepare financial reports to monitor client or corporate finances.
- How many hours do Securities and Commodities Sales Agents work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Securities and Commodities Sales Agents
Related careers to Securities and Commodities Sales Agents
This career is also closely related to Account Executive, Account Leader, Account Specialist, Bond Broker, Business Account Leader, Business Relationship Manager, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Commodity Broker, Cotton Broker or Customer Agent.