In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Human Resources Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Human Resources Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”HUMAN-RESOURCES, LABOR-RELATIONS, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Human Resources Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Human Resources Managers do every day.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Human Resources Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- How many hours do Human Resources Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Human Resources Managers
Related careers to Human Resources Managers
This career is also closely related to Apprenticeship Training Representative, Benefit Director, Benefits Manager, Commissioner of Conciliation, Compensation Manager, Director of Employee Development, Director of Employer Services, Director of Human Resources, Director of Industrial Relations or Director of Personnel.