In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Cargo and Freight Agents looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Cargo and Freight Agents[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, MANAGEMENT, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Cargo and Freight Agents
Here is a list of tasks that Cargo and Freight Agents do every day.
- Advise clients on transportation and payment methods.
- Track delivery progress of shipments.
- Notify consignees, passengers, or customers of freight or baggage arrival and arrange for delivery.
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Estimate freight or postal rates and record shipment costs and weights.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Cargo and Freight Agents do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assemble containers and crates used to transport items such as machines or vehicles.
- Direct or participate in cargo loading to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
- Open cargo containers and unwrap contents, using steel cutters, crowbars, or other hand tools.
- Contact vendors or claims adjustment departments to resolve shipment problems or contact service depots to arrange for repairs.
- How many hours do Cargo and Freight Agents work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Learn more about Cargo and Freight Agents
Related careers to Cargo and Freight Agents
This career is also closely related to Assistant Import Manager, Booking Clerk, Cargo Agent, Cargo Operations Agent, Cargo Router, Container Coordinator, Department-Traffic-Freight Router, Director Surface Transportation, Documentation Clerk or Drop Shipment Clerk.