In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Butchers and Meat Cutters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Butchers and Meat Cutters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CULINARY-ARTS, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Butchers and Meat Cutters
Here is a list of tasks that Butchers and Meat Cutters do every day.
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat.
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Shape, lace, and tie roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Butchers and Meat Cutters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality.
- Negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
- How many hours do Butchers and Meat Cutters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Butchers and Meat Cutters
Related careers to Butchers and Meat Cutters
This career is also closely related to Blockman, Butcher, Butcher Apprentice, Butcher Assistant, Cleaver, Halal Butcher, Journeyman Meat Cutter, Kosher Butcher, Market Manager or Meat Butcher.