In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Clinical Research Coordinators looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Clinical Research Coordinators[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GENERAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING, BIOLOGY, BIOLOGY, BIOLOGY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Clinical Research Coordinators
Here is a list of tasks that Clinical Research Coordinators do every day.
- Maintain required records of study activity including case report forms, drug dispensation records, or regulatory forms.
- Monitor study activities to ensure compliance with protocols and with all relevant local, federal, and state regulatory and institutional polices.
- Assess eligibility of potential subjects through methods such as screening interviews, reviews of medical records, and discussions with physicians and nurses.
- Schedule subjects for appointments, procedures, or inpatient stays as required by study protocols.
- Perform specific protocol procedures such as interviewing subjects, taking vital signs, and performing electrocardiograms.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Clinical Research Coordinators do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Oversee subject enrollment to ensure that informed consent is properly obtained and documented.
- Track enrollment status of subjects and document dropout information such as dropout causes and subject contact efforts.
- Participate in preparation and management of research budgets and monetary disbursements.
- Communicate with laboratories or investigators regarding laboratory findings.
- Maintain contact with sponsors to schedule and coordinate site visits or to answer questions about issues such as incomplete data.
- How many hours do Clinical Research Coordinators work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Clinical Research Coordinators
Related careers to Clinical Research Coordinators
This career is also closely related to Clinical Data Coordinator, Clinical Operations Specialist, Clinical Program Coordinator, Clinical Program Manager, Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Research Administrator, Clinical Research Associate (CRA), Clinical Research Coordinator, Clinical Research Director or Clinical Research Manager.