In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Financial Analysts looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Financial Analysts[qs_listing areaofinterest=”MATHEMATICS, ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING, FINANCE, INTERNATIONAL-FINANCE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Financial Analysts
Here is a list of tasks that Financial Analysts do every day.
- Interpret data on price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment programs.
- Recommend investments and investment timing to companies, investment firm staff, or the public.
- Prepare plans of action for investment, using financial analyses.
- Conduct financial analyses related to investments in green construction or green retrofitting projects.
- Determine the financial viability of alternative energy generation or fuel production systems, based on power source or feedstock quality, financing costs, potential revenue, and total project costs.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Financial Analysts do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Draw charts and graphs, using computer spreadsheets, to illustrate technical reports.
- Inform investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, or economic conditions.
- Monitor developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments by analyzing information from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, or personal interviews.
- Determine the prices at which securities should be syndicated and offered to the public.
- How many hours do Financial Analysts work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Financial Analysts
Related careers to Financial Analysts
This career is also closely related to Alternative Financing Specialist, Bank Analyst, Banking Analyst, Bond Analyst, Budget Analyst, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Commodity Analyst, Corporate Financial Analyst, Corporate Securities Research Analyst or Corporate Statistical Financial Analyst.