In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Physical Therapist Aides looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Physical Therapist Aides[qs_listing areaofinterest=”REHABILITATION-THERAPY, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Physical Therapist Aides
Here is a list of tasks that Physical Therapist Aides do every day.
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Transport patients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Physical Therapist Aides do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist patients to dress, undress, or put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, or slings.
- Administer traction to relieve neck or back pain, using intermittent or static traction equipment.
- How many hours do Physical Therapist Aides work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Physical Therapist Aides
Overview | Job Description | Salary | Requirements | Is This Career Right For Me
Related careers to Physical Therapist Aides
Personal Care Aides
Lifeguards, Ski Patrol and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
This career is also closely related to Clinical Rehabilitation Aide, Physical Therapist Aide (PTA), Physical Therapist Technician (Physical Therapy Tech), Physical Therapy Aide (PTA), Physical Therapy Attendant, Physical Therapy Technician, Physiotherapy Aide, Rehabilitation Aide, Rehabilitation Attendant or Restorative Aide (RA).