In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Computer Systems Engineers and Architects looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Computer Systems Engineers and Architects[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, OFFICE-MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Computer Systems Engineers and Architects
Here is a list of tasks that Computer Systems Engineers and Architects do every day.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Computer Systems Engineers and Architects do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams.
- Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
- How many hours do Computer Systems Engineers and Architects work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Computer Systems Engineers and Architects
Related careers to Computer Systems Engineers and Architects
This career is also closely related to Computer Systems Architect, Electronic Data Interchange System Developer (EDI System Developer), Enterprise Architect, Information Architect, Knowledge Architect, Requirements Engineer, Security Architect, Software Engineer, Solution Architect or System Architect.