In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Web Developers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Web Developers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, WEB-DESIGN, WEB-DEVELOPMENT, ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Web Developers
Here is a list of tasks that Web Developers do every day.
- Design, build, or maintain Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Write, design, or edit Web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Web Developers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Perform or direct Web site updates.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- How many hours do Web Developers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Web Developers
Related careers to Web Developers
This career is also closely related to Computer Graphic Artist, Computer Graphic Designer, Computer Programmer, Interface Designer, Internet Application Developer, Internet Architect, Internet Developer, Internet Site Designer, Internet Specialist or Intranet Developer.