In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Orthoptists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Orthoptists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE, ACUPUNCTURE, NATUROPATHIC-MEDICINE, ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE, ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Orthoptists
Here is a list of tasks that Orthoptists do every day.
- Examine patients with problems related to ocular motility, binocular vision, amblyopia, or strabismus.
- Evaluate, diagnose, or treat disorders of the visual system with an emphasis on binocular vision or abnormal eye movements.
- Perform diagnostic tests or measurements, such as motor testing, visual acuity testing, lensometry, retinoscopy, and color vision testing.
- Develop nonsurgical treatment plans for patients with conditions such as strabismus, nystagmus, and other visual disorders.
- Provide instructions to patients or family members concerning diagnoses or treatment plans.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Orthoptists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Refer patients to ophthalmic surgeons or other physicians.
- Prepare diagnostic or treatment reports for other medical practitioners or therapists.
- Collaborate with ophthalmologists, optometrists, or other specialists in the diagnosis, treatment, or management of conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal diseases.
- How many hours do Orthoptists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Orthoptists
Related careers to Orthoptists
This career is also closely related to Certified Ophthalmic Technician, Certified Orthoptist, Clinical Orthoptist (CO), Orthoptist, , , , , or .