In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Food Preparation Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Food Preparation Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Food Preparation Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Food Preparation Workers do every day.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Food Preparation Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
- How many hours do Food Preparation Workers work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Food Preparation Workers
Related careers to Food Preparation Workers
This career is also closely related to Assistant Cook, Baker, Baker Helper, Bakery Helper, Cafeteria Aide, Cafeteria Worker, Cartperson, Carver, Caterer or Caterer Helper.