In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Civil Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Typical Day for Civil Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Civil Engineers do.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems or structures using computer assisted design or drawing tools.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural repairs.
- Manage and direct the construction, operations, or maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points, grades, or elevations to guide construction.
- How many hours do Civil Engineers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Learn more about Civil Engineers
Related careers to Civil Engineers
This career is also closely related to Airport Engineer, Architectural Engineer, Asphalt Engineer, Base Engineer, Bridge Design Engineer, Bridge Engineer, Bridge/Structure Inspection Team Leader, Building Construction Engineer, Building Engineer or Cadastral Engineer.