In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Tutors looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Tutors[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TEACHING, TEACHING, TEACHING, TEACHING, TEACHING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Tutors
Here is a list of tasks that Tutors do every day.
- Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
- Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Provide private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance, improve occupational skills, or prepare for academic or occupational tests.
- Assess students’ progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Schedule tutoring appointments with students or their parents.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Tutors do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts, study materials, or quizzes.
- Prepare lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students’ needs and goals.
- Prepare and facilitate tutoring workshops, collaborative projects, or academic support sessions for small groups of students.
- Communicate students’ progress to students, parents or teachers in written progress reports, in person, by phone, or by email.
- How many hours do Tutors work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Tutors
Related careers to Tutors
This career is also closely related to Academic Guidance Specialist, Academic Tutor, Accounting/Finance Tutor, ACT Tutor, Adult Basic Education Instructor, After School Tutor, Biology Tutor, Center Director, Chemistry Tutor or Children’s Tutor.