In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Tellers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Tellers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BANKING, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Tellers
Here is a list of tasks that Tellers do every day.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts and calculate daily transactions, using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information, such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments, and the legality of the documents.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Tellers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Process and maintain records of customer loans.
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
- Issue checks to bond owners in settlement of transactions.
- Quote unit exchange rates, following daily international rate sheets or computer displays.
- Prepare work schedules for staff.
- How many hours do Tellers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Tellers
Related careers to Tellers
This career is also closely related to Account Representative, Bank Representative, Bank Teller, Cashier, Collection Teller, Commercial Teller, Coupon Clerk, Customer Relationship Specialist, Customer Service Associate (CSA) or Customer Service Representative (CSR).