In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Telemarketers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Telemarketers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Telemarketers
Here is a list of tasks that Telemarketers do every day.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
- Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Telemarketers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
- How many hours do Telemarketers work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Telemarketers
Related careers to Telemarketers
This career is also closely related to Appointment Setter, Busines Development Representative, Call Center Agent, Call Center Operator, Call Center Representative, Customer Service Representative (CSR), Donation Worker, Inbound Telemarketer, Inside Sales Representative or Outbound Telemarketer.