In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Telecommunications Engineering Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Telecommunications Engineering Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-SCIENCE, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY, COMPUTER-SCIENCE, NETWORK-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT, NETWORK-ADMINISTRATION-MANAGEMENT” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Telecommunications Engineering Specialists do every day.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as network traffic, security, and capacity.
- Supervise maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Telecommunications Engineering Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Order or maintain inventory of telecommunications equipment for customer premises equipment (CPE), facilities, access networks, or backbone networks.
- Provide user support by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
- Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
- Review and evaluate requests from engineers, managers, and technicians for system modifications.
- How many hours do Telecommunications Engineering Specialists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
Related careers to Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
This career is also closely related to Consultant, Multimedia Telecommunications Systems Integrator, Network Technician, Principal Consultant, Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), Senior Consultant, Senior Telecommunications Consultant, Telecom Network Manager (Telecommunication Network Manager), Telecommunication Engineer or Telecommunication Systems Designer.