In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Technical Directors and Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Technical Directors and Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”TELEVISION-PRODUCTION-EDITING, THEATER, THEATER, MUSIC-PRODUCTION, THEATER” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Technical Directors and Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Technical Directors and Managers do every day.
- Supervise and assign duties to workers engaged in technical control and production of radio and television programs.
- Monitor broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station or network policies and regulations.
- Observe pictures through monitors and direct camera and video staff concerning shading and composition.
- Test equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Schedule use of studio and editing facilities for producers and engineering and maintenance staff.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Technical Directors and Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Act as liaisons between engineering and production departments.
- Train workers in use of equipment, such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights.
- Confer with operations directors to formulate and maintain fair and attainable technical policies for programs.
- Discuss filter options, lens choices, and the visual effects of objects being filmed with photography directors and video operators.
- Operate equipment to produce programs or broadcast live programs from remote locations.
- How many hours do Technical Directors and Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Technical Directors and Managers
Related careers to Technical Directors and Managers
This career is also closely related to Audio Operator, Audio Technician, Broadcast Engineer, Creative Services Director, Director, Engineer, Engineering Production Operations Director, Master Control Operator (MCO), Master Control Supervisor or News Director.