In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Tax Preparers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Tax Preparers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ACCOUNTING, TAXATION, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Tax Preparers
Here is a list of tasks that Tax Preparers do every day.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Tax Preparers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
- How many hours do Tax Preparers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Seasonal (only during certain times of the year)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Tax Preparers
Related careers to Tax Preparers
This career is also closely related to Certified Income Tax Preparer (CTP), Corporate Tax Preparer, Enrolled Agent, Income Tax Advisor, Income Tax Consultant, Income Tax Expert, Income Tax Preparer, Licensed Tax Consultant, Master Tax Advisor or Tax Advisor.