In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Supply Chain Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Supply Chain Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ENVIRONMENTAL-MANAGEMENT, DIGITAL-COMMUNICATIONS, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT, LIBRARY-SCIENCE, HISTORY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Supply Chain Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Supply Chain Managers do every day.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of life cycle analyses to determine the environmental impacts of products, processes, or systems.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Supply Chain Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- How many hours do Supply Chain Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Supply Chain Managers
Related careers to Supply Chain Managers
This career is also closely related to Global Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain Design Manager, Supply Chain Development Manager, Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain Generalist, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Program Manager, Supply Chain Systems Manager or Supply Chain Vice President.