In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Storage and Distribution Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Storage and Distribution Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PUBLIC-ADMINISTRATION, AEROSPACE-ENGINEERING, AIRPORT-MANAGEMENT, BUSINESS, BUSINESS-ADMINISTRATION” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Storage and Distribution Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Storage and Distribution Managers do every day.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Arrange for necessary shipping documentation and contact customs officials to effect release of shipments.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Storage and Distribution Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Respond to customers’ or shippers’ questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Track and trace goods while they are en route to their destinations, expediting orders when necessary.
- How many hours do Storage and Distribution Managers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Storage and Distribution Managers
Related careers to Storage and Distribution Managers
This career is also closely related to Ammunition Storage Superintendent, Building Supervisor, Bulk Plant Manager, Cold Storage Supervisor, Compressor Stations Superintendent, Customer Service Manager, Dispatch Manager, Dispatcher, Distribution Center Manager or Distribution Coordinator.