In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Stonemasons looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Stonemasons[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Stonemasons
Here is a list of tasks that Stonemasons do every day.
- Lay out wall patterns or foundations, using straight edge, rule, or staked lines.
- Shape, trim, face and cut marble or stone preparatory to setting, using power saws, cutting equipment, and hand tools.
- Mix mortar or grout and pour or spread mortar or grout on marble slabs, stone, or foundation.
- Remove wedges, fill joints between stones, finish joints between stones, using a trowel, and smooth the mortar to an attractive finish, using a tuck pointer.
- Set stone or marble in place, according to layout or pattern.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Stonemasons do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Lay brick to build shells of chimneys and smokestacks or to line or reline industrial furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations.
- Drill holes in marble or ornamental stone and anchor brackets in holes.
- How many hours do Stonemasons work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Stonemasons
Related careers to Stonemasons
This career is also closely related to Artificial Stone Applicator, Banker Mason, Brick Mason, Bricklayer, Composition Stone Applicator, Curbstone Setter, Flagstone Layer, Formstone Fitter, Granite Block Paver or Granite Setter.