In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Segmental Pavers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Segmental Pavers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Segmental Pavers
Here is a list of tasks that Segmental Pavers do every day.
- Supply and place base materials, edge restraints, bedding sand and jointing sand.
- Set pavers, aligning and spacing them correctly.
- Screed sand level to an even thickness, and recheck sand exposed to elements, raking and rescreeding if necessary.
- Cut paving stones to size and for edges, using a splitter and a masonry saw.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Segmental Pavers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Discuss the design with the client.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Resurface an outside area with cobblestones, terracotta tiles, concrete or other materials.
- Cement the edges of the paved area.
- How many hours do Segmental Pavers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Learn more about Segmental Pavers
Related careers to Segmental Pavers
This career is also closely related to Bricklayer, Concrete Pavement Installer, Cutter, Interlocking Concrete Pavement Installer, Landscape Foreman, Paver, Paver Installer, Paver Layer, Paving Stone Installer or Segmental Paver Installer.