In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Security Managers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Video coming soon
Top 2 Featured Schools For Security Managers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ENVIRONMENTAL-MANAGEMENT, DIGITAL-COMMUNICATIONS, INFORMATION-TECHNOLOGY-PROJECT-MANAGEMENT, LIBRARY-SCIENCE, HISTORY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Security Managers
Here is a list of tasks that Security Managers do every day.
- Monitor and ensure a sound, ethical environment.
- Supervise or provide leadership to subordinate security professionals, performing activities, such as hiring, background investigation, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Security Managers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property.
- Develop, implement, manage, or evaluate policies and methods to protect personnel against harassment, threats, or violence.
- Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
- Assess risks to mitigate potential consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to incidents.
- How many hours do Security Managers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
In an Enclosed Vehicle or Equipment
Learn more about Security Managers
Related careers to Security Managers
This career is also closely related to Chief Security Officer (CSO), Corporate Physical Security Supervisor, Corporate Security Manager, Director Security Management, Director, Corporate Security, Internal Security Manager, Manager, Security and Safety, Manager, Security Infrastructure and Enterprise Services, Manager, Security Services and Safety System Support or Museum Security Chief.