In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Retail Loss Prevention Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Retail Loss Prevention Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Retail Loss Prevention Specialists do every day.
- Investigate known or suspected internal theft, external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Implement or monitor processes to reduce property or financial losses.
- Maintain documentation or reports on security-related incidents or investigations.
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Retail Loss Prevention Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages.
- Apprehend shoplifters in accordance with guidelines.
- Prepare written reports on investigations.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes.
- Recommend methods to reduce potential financial fraud losses.
- How many hours do Retail Loss Prevention Specialists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
Related careers to Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
This career is also closely related to Asset Protection Associate (APA), Asset Protection Lead, Asset Protection Specialist, Loss Prevention Agent, Loss Prevention Associate (LPA), Loss Prevention Detective, Loss Prevention Investigator, Loss Prevention Leader, Loss Prevention Manager or Loss Prevention Officer.