In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Paralegals and Legal Assistants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Paralegals and Legal Assistants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”PARALEGAL-LEGAL-ASSISTANT, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Paralegals and Legal Assistants
Here is a list of tasks that Paralegals and Legal Assistants do every day.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Paralegals and Legal Assistants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case.
- File pleadings with court clerk.
- Investigate facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, such as public records, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Appraise and inventory real and personal property for estate planning.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
- How many hours do Paralegals and Legal Assistants work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Paralegals and Legal Assistants
Related careers to Paralegals and Legal Assistants
This career is also closely related to Assistant Paralegal, Attorney Law Clerk, Bankruptcy Assistant, Certified Paralegal, Child Support Specialist, Closing Agent, Complex Commercial Litigation Paralegal, Contract Preparer, Contracts Specialist or Corporate Law Assistant.