In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Paperhangers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Paperhangers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Paperhangers
Here is a list of tasks that Paperhangers do every day.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Trim rough edges from strips, using straightedges and trimming knives.
- Trim excess material at ceilings or baseboards, using knives.
- Check finished wallcoverings for proper alignment, pattern matching, and neatness of seams.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Paperhangers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
- How many hours do Paperhangers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Exposed to Contaminants
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits, or Radiation Protection
Learn more about Paperhangers
Related careers to Paperhangers
This career is also closely related to Bill Board Poster, Bill Poster, Billboard Poster, Hanger, Interior Decorator, Paperhanging, Paper Hanger, Paperhanger, Paperhanger and Painter, Paperhanger Apprentice or Vinyl Hanger.