In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Construction and Maintenance Painters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Construction and Maintenance Painters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Construction and Maintenance Painters
Here is a list of tasks that Construction and Maintenance Painters do every day.
- Fill cracks, holes, or joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Cover surfaces with dropcloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners to determine work requirements.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Construction and Maintenance Painters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water or abrasive blasting.
- How many hours do Construction and Maintenance Painters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Extremely Bright or Inadequate Lighting
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Construction and Maintenance Painters
Related careers to Construction and Maintenance Painters
This career is also closely related to Architectural Coating Finisher, Bitumastic Applier, Bridge Painter, Brush Painter, Buildings Painter, Calciminer, Calker, Chipper, Colored Liquid Plastic Applier or Decorator.