In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Orderlies looks like
- What do they do every day
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Orderlies[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Orderlies
Here is a list of tasks that Orderlies do every day.
- Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients’ needs.
- Carry messages or documents between departments.
- Change soiled linens, such as bed linens, drapes, or cubicle curtains.
- Clean and sanitize patient rooms, bathrooms, examination rooms, or other patient areas.
- Clean equipment, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, or portable medical equipment, documenting needed repairs or maintenance.
Learn more about Orderlies
Related careers to Orderlies
This career is also closely related to Attendant, Cart Attendant, Clinical Support Associate, Emergency Room Orderly, Health Service Worker, Hospice Entrance Attendant, Hospital Corpsman, Hospital Orderly, Infirmary Attendant or Institutional Aide.