In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Ophthalmic Medical Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Ophthalmic Medical Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”OPTICIAN-OPTICAL-ASSISTANT, OPTICIAN-OPTICAL-ASSISTANT, MEDICAL-ASSISTING, , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Ophthalmic Medical Technicians do every day.
- Conduct tonometry or tonography tests to measure intraocular pressure.
- Measure visual acuity, including near, distance, pinhole, or dynamic visual acuity, using appropriate tests.
- Take and document patients’ medical histories.
- Administer topical ophthalmic or oral medications.
- Conduct visual field tests to measure field of vision.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Ophthalmic Medical Technicians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist physicians in performing ophthalmic procedures, including surgery.
- Assist patients to insert or remove contact lenses.
- Call patients to inquire about their post-operative status or recovery.
- Assist patients to select eyewear.
- How many hours do Ophthalmic Medical Technicians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
Related careers to Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
This career is also closely related to Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technician, Certified Ophthalmic Technician, Certified Ophthalmic Technician with Surgical Assisting, Certified Ophthalmic Technician-Surgical Assistant (COT-SA), Certified Retinal Angiographer, Ocular Care Technician, Ophthalmic Aide, Ophthalmic Assistant or Ophthalmic Medical Assistant.