In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Molecular and Cellular Biologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Molecular and Cellular Biologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”BIOLOGY, BIOLOGY, , BIOLOGY, BIOLOGY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Molecular and Cellular Biologists
Here is a list of tasks that Molecular and Cellular Biologists do every day.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Design molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Conduct research on cell organization and function, including mechanisms of gene expression, cellular bioinformatics, cell signaling, or cell differentiation.
- Instruct undergraduate and graduate students within the areas of cellular or molecular biology.
- Compile and analyze molecular or cellular experimental data and adjust experimental designs as necessary.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Molecular and Cellular Biologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations.
- Develop assays that monitor cell characteristics.
- Verify all financial, physical, and human resources assigned to research or development projects are used as planned.
- Develop guidelines for procedures such as the management of viruses.
- Confer with vendors to evaluate new equipment or reagents or to discuss the customization of product lines to meet user requirements.
- How many hours do Molecular and Cellular Biologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Molecular and Cellular Biologists
Related careers to Molecular and Cellular Biologists
This career is also closely related to Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Biology Professor, Cell Biologist, Cellular Biologist, Molecular Biologist, Molecular Biology Professor, Professor, Structural Biologist or .