In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
Here is a list of tasks that Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders do every day.
- Draw smelted metal samples from furnaces or kettles for analysis, and calculate types and amounts of materials needed to ensure that materials meet specifications.
- Drain, transfer, or remove molten metal from furnaces, and place it into molds, using hoists, pumps, or ladles.
- Record production data, and maintain production logs.
- Operate controls to move or discharge metal workpieces from furnaces.
- Weigh materials to be charged into furnaces, using scales.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Direct work crews in the cleaning and repair of furnace walls and flooring.
- How many hours do Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
In an Open Vehicle or Equipment
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Extremely Bright or Inadequate Lighting
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
Related careers to Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
Crushing, Grinding and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
Painting, Coating and Decorating Workers
Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators
This career is also closely related to Arc / Argon Oxygen Decarborization Melter (ARC / AOD Melter), Arc Furnace Operator, Argon Oxygen Decarborization Refining Vessel Operator (AOD Refining Vessel Operator), Automatic Furnace Operator, Backbreaker, Bessemer Converter Blower, Bessemer Converter Operator, Bessemer Regulator, Blade Bender Furnace Tender or Blast Furnace Blower.