In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
Here is a list of tasks that Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers do every day.
- Arrange properties, furniture, merchandise, backdrops, or other accessories, as shown in prepared sketches.
- Place prices or descriptive signs on backdrops, fixtures, merchandise, or floor.
- Consult with store managers, buyers, sales associates, housekeeping staff, or engineering staff to determine appropriate placement of displays or products.
- Maintain props, products, or mannequins, inspecting them for imperfections, doing touch-ups, cleaning up after customers, or applying preservative coatings as necessary.
- Develop ideas or plans for merchandise displays or window decorations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Plan commercial displays to entice and appeal to customers.
- Change or rotate window displays, interior display areas, or signage to reflect changes in inventory or promotion.
- Assemble or set up displays, furniture, or products in store space while utilizing colors, lights, pictures, or other accessories to display the product.
- Install booths, exhibits, displays, carpets, or drapes, as guided by floor plan of building or specifications.
- Consult with advertising or sales staff to determine type of merchandise to be featured and time and place for each display.
- How many hours do Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
Related careers to Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
This career is also closely related to Account Representative, Apparel Merchandiser, Decorator, Display Artist, Display Associate, Display Decorator, Display Department Manager, Display Designer, Display Director or Display Manager.