In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Manufacturing Engineers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Manufacturing Engineers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”GENERAL-ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURAL-ENGINEERING, BIOMEDICAL-ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENTAL-ENGINEERING, GENERAL-ENGINEERING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Manufacturing Engineers
Here is a list of tasks that Manufacturing Engineers do every day.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing such as by implementing sustainable manufacturing processes or manufacturing sustainable products.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Manufacturing Engineers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- How many hours do Manufacturing Engineers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Manufacturing Engineers
Related careers to Manufacturing Engineers
This career is also closely related to Applications Engineer, Manufacturing, Automation Engineer, Engineer, Foundry Process, Engineer, Methods, Engineer, Process, Facility Engineer, Foundry Process Engineer, Lean Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing Applications Engineer or Manufacturing Director.