In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses[qs_listing areaofinterest=”LPN-LVN-LICENSED-PRACTICAL-NURSING-LICENSED-VOCATIONAL-NURSING, NURSING, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
Here is a list of tasks that Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses do every day.
- Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients’ charts.
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Answer patients’ calls and determine how to assist them.
- Measure and record patients’ vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
- Provide basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performing catheterizations.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Collect samples, such as blood, urine, or sputum from patients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Apply compresses, ice bags, or hot water bottles.
- How many hours do Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
Related careers to Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
This career is also closely related to Charge Nurse, Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (CLINIC LPN), Clinic Nurse, Home Health Care Provider, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Practical Nurse, Clinic Nurse (LPN, Clinic Nurse), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Nursing Technician, Office Nurse or Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (PEDIATRIC LPN).