In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers do every day.
- Load articles into washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to perform loading.
- Start washers, dry cleaners, driers, or extractors, and turn valves or levers to regulate machine processes and the volume of soap, detergent, water, bleach, starch, and other additives.
- Operate extractors and driers, or direct their operation.
- Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to do so.
- Sort and count articles removed from dryers, and fold, wrap, or hang them.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Clean fabrics, using vacuums or air hoses.
- Mend and sew articles, using hand stitching, adhesive patches, or sewing machines.
- How many hours do Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
Related careers to Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
Transportation Equipment Painters
Quarry Rock Splitters
Extruding, Forming, Pressing and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
This career is also closely related to Assembler, Assorter, Bag Hanger, Bag Washer, Benzene Washer, Benzene Worker, Blanket Washer, Box Storage Worker, Bundle Breaker or Buttoner.