In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Insurance Underwriters looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Insurance Underwriters[qs_listing areaofinterest=”RISK-MANAGEMENT, INSURANCE, , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Insurance Underwriters
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Underwriters do every day.
- Decrease value of policy when risk is substandard and specify applicable endorsements or apply rating to ensure safe profitable distribution of risks, using reference materials.
- Decline excessive risks.
- Write to field representatives, medical personnel, and others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Review company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Examine documents to determine degree of risk from such factors as applicant financial standing and value and condition of property.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Insurance Underwriters do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Authorize reinsurance of policy when risk is high.
- How many hours do Insurance Underwriters work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Insurance Underwriters
Related careers to Insurance Underwriters
This career is also closely related to Account Underwriter, Automobile and Property Underwriter, Bond Underwriter, Commercial Lines Underwriter, Commercial Underwriter, Customer Service Representative, Health Underwriter, Insurance Analyst, Insurance Underwriter or Insurance Writer.