In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Hydroelectric Plant Technicians looks like
- What do they do every day
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Hydroelectric Plant Technicians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
Here is a list of tasks that Hydroelectric Plant Technicians do every day.
- Identify or address malfunctions of hydroelectric plant operational equipment, such as generators, transformers, or turbines.
- Monitor hydroelectric power plant equipment operation and performance, adjusting to performance specifications, as necessary.
- Start, adjust, or stop generating units, operating valves, gates, or auxiliary equipment in hydroelectric power generating plants.
- Communicate status of hydroelectric operating equipment to dispatchers or supervisors.
- Implement load or switching orders in hydroelectric plants, in accordance with specifications or instructions.
Learn more about Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
Related careers to Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
This career is also closely related to Hydroelectric Machinery Mechanic, Hydroelectric Operations Maintenance Technician, Hydroelectric Operations Maintenance Worker, Hydroelectric Plant Electrician, Hydroelectric Plant Installation Technician, Hydroelectric Plant Operation and Maintenance Technician, Hydroelectric Plant Technician, Hydroelectric Production Technician, Hydroelectric Systems Technician or .