In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Helpers of Electricians looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Helpers of Electricians[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Helpers of Electricians
Here is a list of tasks that Helpers of Electricians do every day.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Clean work area and wash parts.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Helpers of Electricians do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws and punches.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Dig trenches or holes for installation of conduit or supports.
- How many hours do Helpers of Electricians work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
Very Hot or Cold Temperatures
Exposed to High Places
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Helpers of Electricians
Related careers to Helpers of Electricians
This career is also closely related to Apprentice Electrician, Automotive Electrician Helper, Cable Puller, Electrical Apprentice, Electrical Assistant, Electrical Helper, Electrical Sign Wirer Helper, Electrician, Electrician Apprentice or Electrician Assistant.