In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COSMETOLOGY, COSMETOLOGY, COSMETOLOGY, HAIR-STYLING, COSMETOLOGY” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists
Here is a list of tasks that Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists do every day.
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers’ instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Analyze patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Schedule client appointments.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Administer therapeutic medication and advise patron to seek medical treatment for chronic or contagious scalp conditions.
- Shave, trim and shape beards and moustaches.
- Recommend and explain the use of cosmetics, lotions, and creams to soften and lubricate skin and enhance and restore natural appearance.
- How many hours do Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists
Related careers to Hairdressers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists
This career is also closely related to Barber Stylist, Beautician, Beautician Apprentice, Beauty Advisor, Beauty Operator, Beauty Therapist, Colorist, Cosmetic Consultant, Cosmetician or Cosmetician Apprentice.